Saturday, May 30, 2009

Manhattan

I found some great things on my walk today. We went up through Little Italy and Nolita, across 8th over to the Meatpacking District and down the west side on Hudson Street. Almost every street we were walking on had some kind of street fair. It was amazing. 

We found a couple cool arts fairs, too, which was exciting. One was "Art in the Village", which has been apparently going on for 79 years. It seemed to be mostly fine art (drawing, painting, photography), which I guess makes the vendors enough money to pay off the stall fee...

I was even more excited about the "Young Designers Market" at my old elementary school, the PS 3 building on Hudson by Christopher Street. There weren't many stalls, but what I saw was pretty interesting. Of note were bags made of knitted strips of plastic bags, and some handbags and purses in cute patterns.

I'm really excited to see what else I find this summer! If you know of any good craft fairs, please post in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment